Our 2019 programming is in full swing! So far, we had several successful events including classes, workshops, and networking events. In the coming months, we have even more opportunities for you to learn, grow, and succeed.
Our final class in February will be Win More Grants! A Framework for Successful Grant Funding. This 3-hour training equips directors with the tools to assess their grant readiness.
Then in March, we have several big events coming up:
- March 20 kicks off our first Proposal Writing Workshop of the year! Participants spend a full day refining proposal outlines, writing proposal components, and learning what grantmakers are looking for in a proposal.
- Our Leadership Circle for Emerging Development Professionals will start on March 29. This monthly peer group for new development professionals (0-3 years of experience) from small nonprofit organizations aims to share challenges and strategies for success. The circle meets once a month for six months. Each month, participants will discuss topics such as:
- Cultivating funder collaborations
- Moving beyond the elevator pitch
- Landscape scanning using knowledge tools
- Career development
- Sustainability and self-care
- Finally we are also partnering with Miami-Dade Public Library System and Children’s Trust to put on A Grantmaker Meets The Changemaker Panel. The panel is on March 6 at the West Dade Regional Library, one of our Funding Information Network (FIN) partners.
You can find additional information on upcoming events and programming at Foundation Center South, a Service of Candid, on GrantSpace.
About the Author(s)
Subscribe to our blog
When we publish a new blog post, you’ll get notified by email.