With the closing of our library and resource center last month, we are excited to shift our focus to working directly in the communities we serve. We have also transitioned from Foundation Center South, a Service of Candid, to become Candid South, and have many training programs and convenings starting this summer, which you can see below.
- First, we are excited about the launch of our new Nonprofit Consultant Cohort! This innovative four-month training program provides specialized and practical business development to nonprofit professionals seeking to jumpstart their consulting business. The cohort will start Thursday, June 6.
- We are also thrilled to announce the organizations who have been selected for our 2019 Boys and Men of Color Executive Director Collaboration Circle. Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! Check out the links below to learn more about these amazing organizations and how they are serving boys and men of color in the Metro Atlanta area.
- The Baton Foundation, Inc.
- Urban Oak Initiative
- Nation Builders Conference, Inc.
- Connecting Generations-STFCC
- Fulton County CASA
- Field of Dreams Academy
- M.E.N.S. Wear, Inc.
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College
- Clayton State University
- International Community School
- Elite Scholars
- S.A.F.E. Place Inc.
- Saving Our Sons & Sisters International (SOSSI)
- John & JeJuan Stewart Jr. Foundation
- Per Scholas
- Positive Growth Inc.
- The W-Underdogs
- Lowcountry Youth Services
- Men on F.I.R.E. Inc
- Gifted Career Solutions Powered by The Gifted Education Foundation
- The Idea Farm Academy, Inc.
- Finally, we are excited to announce our July 9-11 Proposal Writing Boot Camp will take place at our new office space! We have just completed a lease agreement with CARE in downtown Atlanta and will be relocating our staff team there in order to invest in local community partnerships. CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. They are known everywhere for their unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people. The Proposal Writing Boot Camp, which will be the first training to take place at our new space, is a three-day project-based immersion course that focuses on the essential knowledge and skills fundraisers need to develop effective foundation proposals.
About the Author(s)
Subscribe to our blog
When we publish a new blog post, you’ll get notified by email.