Finding a nonprofit job is like finding a job in any other industry. Some resources to get you started:
- Your professional, personal, and social networks
- The organizations you would like to work for. Search guidestar.org by keyword and geography to find nonprofit organizations near you working on issues you care about.
- Nonprofit job web sites, including Candid's Philanthropy News Digest job board
- Nonprofit professional associations, such as The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network or Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Professional associations for your chosen field or specialty
- Your state's nonprofit association
- Popular job search engine sites, filtered by keywords such as "nonprofit"
If you are considering transitioning to the nonprofit sector, here is a blog to help change careers.
Podcast: Philanthropy Chat: Shelly Cryer on Nonprofit Careers Advice from the author of The Nonprofit Career Guide: How to Land a Job That Makes a Difference. After years of working in the private sector, are you considering exploring a career within a nonprofit? What transferable skills will you bring with you on your new journey? Discover techniques that will help you best use your corporate skills and experience in nonprofits.
Have a question about this topic? Ask us!
Candid's Online Librarian service will answer your questions within two business days.Ask us