This workshop will provide an overview of the psychology associated with philanthropic decision-making. The course will demonstrate how fundraisers can apply psychological theory to fundraising strategy to more fully engage donors over the long-term.
- Topics covered will include:
- Donor motivation and satisfaction
- Understanding emotions surrounding money
- Donor fatigue
- “Herd mentality”
- Crisis fundraising
- How personality type can inform the donor-donee relationship.
The Psychology of Philanthropy will combine research on donor behavior with practical observations, to providing participants with the tools they need to develop effective fundraising strategies and interact with donors with confidence. The half-day class will feature hands-on, interactive exercises to help reinforce the most crucial lessons of the morning.
About the Association of Nonprofit Specialists:
The Association of Nonprofit Specialists is a 501(c)(3) network of organizations, consultants, and other specialists providing assistance to nonprofits. The Association of Nonprofit Specialists provides a variety of educational and networking events and other resources to support nonprofit organizations, and the consultants and specialists who work with them.
- Understand the mindsets behind charitable decision-making.
- Develop confidence in approaching both new and current donors.
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff