calendar_today Thursday, July 19, 2018
Eastern: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Central: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Mountain: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Pacific: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
This event is part of a series. Attend all sessions to get the maximum benefit!
Videos are a powerful—and an increasingly affordable—way to tell your story. What do you need to know to go from concept to broadcasting effective videos, without spending big bucks? In this webinar you will learn all the basics to get started creating your own videos, or working efficiently with a professional. We will start by discussing how video is useful and what kinds of stories are well suited to video. We will talk about who should tell your stories and some ethical considerations for story-telling. Then we will get into some technical details including DIY storyboarding, lighting and sound equipment needed, and editing tools and techniques. Finally, we will cover different ways to publish and promote your videos.
Can’t make the webinar? Register and we will send you the full recording so you can watch it on your own time!
- Upon completion of this webinar you should be able to:
- Identify which stories to tell and who are the best people to tell your story through video
- Select which technical tools to use for your do-it-yourself video
- Employ a strategy for getting your video seen
- Communications and Fundraising Staff
- Program Staff
- Anyone who wants to make videos in house
- Organizations who are trying to reach a younger audience (since video is especially popular with younger demographics)
1.5 CFRE point(s)
When you register for this webinar, you receive:
- a full recording,
- a copy of the webinar slide deck, and
- associated handout(s), if applicable