calendar_today Wednesday, September 5, 2018
access_time 9:30 am - 12:30 pm ET
This event will be in Toledo, OH. For a map, click on the Location in the Training Details box.
Have you ever had a great idea for a program, written a beautiful grant proposal narrative, and yet not received a grant because your proposed budget wasn’t up to par?
Does your budget align with your organization’s mission? How does it align with the funder's mission?
Creating a budget isn’t just about putting numbers on paper. It’s an indicator of how you will support and fulfill your mission. A proposed budget is not only an essential part of a well written grant -- it also communicates to other donors and volunteers the sustainability of your organization.
In this interactive session, we will discuss grant budgeting best practices that help you win more grants.
3 CFRE point(s)
- Identify the basic components of a grant project budget
- Understand how grant reviewers read and interpret project budgets
- List the different types of financial documents you may need to prepare a grant budget
- Calculate essential budget line items
- Learn how to incorporate overhead costs in to a project budget
- Layout a readable, compelling budget table and narrative format
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Grant writers
- Program directors and staff