calendar_today Thursday, October 11, 2018
access_time 9:30 am - 12:30 pm PTThis location will be closed to the public as of June 27, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
Funders increasingly want to invest in a nonprofit’s impact, not activities. In this workshop, learn to shift your nonprofit organization's focus and communication tactics from activities to outcomes. We will discuss and learn how nonprofit organizations can develop frameworks for tracking the outcomes and impact of their work, and how to successfully articulate that to funders. This will be a hands-on session and participants will have the opportunity to identify outcomes for their own project or program, and will create their own logic model.
Upon completion of this workshop you should be able to:
- Describe outcomes thinking and how it differs from other approaches to program planning and management
- Apply an outcome mindset to your organization’s programs, projects, and grants
- Create a logic model as the outcome framework for program management, grant proposals, and stakeholder communications
3 CFRE point(s)
- All levels of experience
- Fundraising & development staff
- Program directors and staff
A logic model template and completed logic model examples