calendar_today Tuesday, November 20, 2018
access_time 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm ET
According to the CDC, food deserts are areas that lack access to affordable fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat milk, and other foods that make up a full and healthy diet. Many Americans living in rural, minority, or low-income areas are subjected to food deserts and may be unable to access affordable, healthy foods, leaving their diets lacking essential nutrients.
Come to our special program at Lorain County Community College to meet local nonprofits, researchers, funders, and government representatives and learn what is being done and what needs to be done about food insecurity in Lorain County and beyond.
Speakers and Panelists will include:
- Juliana Chase-Morefield -President & CEO, Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio
- Anastasia Diamond-Ortiz - Director,Lorain Public Library System
- Laurel Domanski Díaz - Program Director, The Nord Family Foundation
- Anna Kiss Mauser-Martinez - Director,
Don't miss this FREE program. Register today!
- All levels of experience
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Grant writers
- Marketing, communications, external affairs
- Program directors and staff