calendar_today Thursday, February 7, 2019
access_time 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm ETThis location will be closed to the public as of May 17, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
Proper governance is more than just bylaws, policies, and procedures. It is about relationships, training, accountability, and shared responsibility. In this session we will explore the role of the Board of Directors and its relationship to the CEO in achieving organizational goals and implementing the organizations mission. The responsibilities of the Board in oversite, ensuring adequate organizational resources, and championing the organizations mission will be explored in depth.
- Understand the critically important role governance plays in successful nonprofit organizations
- Use tools to assess board performance and engagement
- Employ strategies and practical tools for improving board performance
- Implement strategies and tools for creating or sustaining a positive and productive board/staff relationship
3 CFRE point(s)
- All levels of experience
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff