calendar_today Wednesday, February 27, 2019
access_time 10:30 am - 12:00 pm ETThis location will be closed to the public as of May 17, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
Everyday food may be wasted if potential donors fear liability. The Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Act protects donors and recipient agencies from liability when distributing donated foods. Attend this presentation to learn how you and your organization are protected by federal and state laws.
In this class you will learn:
- Can your organization be sued if food you donated caused someone to get ill?
- How does the law apply to prepared foods?
- What type of food donations are protected under the law?
- Are there certain conditions for food packaging, content, and expiration date?
- All levels of experience
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Program directors and staff