calendar_today Friday, March 1, 2019
access_time 8:30 am - 5:00 pm ET
In this one-day proposal writing workshop, Dave Holmes from the Foundation Center Midwest will teach you the keys to effective proposal writing and budgeting as well as give you an opportunity to write a one-page proposal with project budget for your organization. Even if you are a seasoned grant writer, this workshop will help you hone your skills to ensure you meet funder criteria.
Organizations participating in the SPARK TANK will submit their one-page proposal and project budget to the funder review panel for scoring. The organizations that submit the top 3 proposals for the SPARK TANK will have the chance to pitch their ideas to the funder panel and compete for a $500 grand prize!
Not ready to get feedback? No worries! You can still attend the proposal writing workshop and learn the skills so you are ready for your real-world SPARK TANK!
7 CFRE point(s)
- Attendees will learn the basics of putting together a concise 1-page proposal.
- Attendees will create a proposal they can use for their own projects
- SPARK TANK participants will receive educated feedback about their proposal from foundation and nonprofit leaders.
- Attendees will learn how to translate their written ideas into a “pitch” to a funder.
- All levels of experience
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Grant writers