calendar_today Wednesday, March 20, 2019
access_time 9:00 am - 4:00 pm ETThis location will be closed to the public as of May 17, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
Using insights collected directly from funders and expert fundraisers, the Proposal Writing Workshop offers you a hands-on proposal writing experience plus insight into the funder perspective and grantseeking process.
Using group exercises, case studies, and your own outline or draft proposal, this participatory workshop includes opportunities to:
- Refine your project proposal outline
- Practice writing selected components of a proposal
- Learn what grantmakers are looking for in a proposal and the biggest red flags from a funder’s perspective.
Upon completion of this workshop you should be able to:
- Gather the information needed to create a complete grant proposal
- Identify “red flags” in project proposals
- Create a competitive proposal package for institutional grantmakers
- Cultivate relationships with potential institutional donors
- Grantseekers who have minimal fundraising experience and want to develop their foundation proposal writing skills
- Individuals who want to begin or build a career as a grant writer
- Students interested in gaining knowledge about the nonprofit sector and fundraising
- Volunteers or board members who want to help their organizations with tangible fundraising skills
6 CFRE point(s)
A comprehensive workbook
Ongoing online access to course worksheets
One week of complimentary access to Foundation Directory Online Professional