calendar_today Wednesday, April 10, 2019
access_time 10:30 am - 12:00 pm ETThis location will be closed to the public as of May 17, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
As a Georgia nonprofit: (a) do we pay sales tax on items we buy? (b) do we have to charge sales tax on items we sell? and (c) do we have to charge sales tax on fundraising activities including admissions to our galas, golf tournaments, fun runs, etc.? Much of the time, the answer is Yes! Nonprofits in Georgia are not automatically exempt from sales tax.
During this presentation, our speakers will:
- Provide an overview of sales taxes and use taxes in Georgia;
- Explain how sales tax is collected and remitted in Georgia;
- Describe the structure of exemptions to sales tax and some limited exemptions; and
- Discuss whether sales tax must be collected when conducting various fundraising activities.
- All levels of experience
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff