calendar_today Tuesday, April 16, 2019
access_time 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm ETThis location will be closed to the public as of May 17, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
Strategic planning is a critical process for organizations. It examines the interrelationship of mission, programs, resources and capabilities. It also helps create a path to achieve desired outcomes. Strategic planning is also an essential element in effective leadership and management. This session will begin with a look at strategic planning in general terms. Then we will dive deeper into key aspects of developing a strategic plan. We will look at creating and managing the process resulting in a quality strategic plan. We will also cover the role of the board, staff and key stakeholders in the process, as well as how to address common obstacles in creating an effective strategic plan.
- Align your mission, vision and strategic plan goals
- Identify who needs to be part of the strategic planning process
- Define roles of the board, staff and key stakeholders
- Understand how to gather relevant data
- develop and timeline and action plan for your organization
- All levels of experience
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff