calendar_today Tuesday, April 23, 2019
access_time 9:30 am - 11:00 am ETThis location will be closed to the public as of October 2, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
As an aspiring or new consultant, you want to set yourself up for long-term success. Yet too many novices launch their businesses ad hoc: They find their first clients and muddle their way through the rest. This session will highlight how best to get started, from marketing to securing clients to setting fees. The goal is to save you time and avoid headaches—whether you’re a natural entrepreneur, or a content expert who seeks a flexible career as an encore worker, a parent, or simply your own boss.
Join two veteran consultants as they provide the practical, honest advice that those new to this field crave. With a record of training new consultants nationwide to rave reviews, these presenters will offer invaluable lessons learned and take your questions.
What we’ll cover:
- Early habits necessary to launch a sustainable business
- Mindsets that help secure the best clients
- Five steps to setting your fees
- Steer clear of marketing pitfalls
- Overcome fears or hurdles related to selling your services
- Understand the rationale behind setting consulting fees
What else you’ll get:
- All session materials
- Start-up checklist
- All levels of experience