calendar_today Wednesday, May 22, 2019
access_time 9:30 am - 4:30 pm ET
What makes people more likely to believe that a social impact organization is more credible, trustworthy, and effective at advancing its mission? What do people really value in the opportunities they have to engage with a nonprofit or foundation—especially online? And most important, how can organizations maintain their audiences’ attention and mobilize them more quickly towards the change they seek to realize in the world?
The answers can be found at the intersection of brand strategy and design, where an organization’s strategic plan and positioning are translated into tangible experiences that connect people to who they are, what they do, and why it matters. By using brand strategy as the foundation for designed communications, nonprofits provide content creators, designers, technologists, and others the context needed to work together more effectively and deliver meaningful value to audiences that help drive social change.
In this full-day immersion workshop led by Matthew Schwartz (Founder & Executive Director) and Lexie McGuire (Director of Strategy) of social impact design firm, Constructive, you’ll learn foundational knowledge of nonprofit brand strategy and experience design; and then get hands-on training working through exercises that will improve your ability to align digital communications with the goals and mission of your organization.
- Part 1: Principles - Participants will learn the principles of effective social impact brands by exploring foundational principles of brand strategy and design theory, focused specifically on the needs of social impact organizations.
- Part 2: Practices - Participants will work individually and in groups on a variety of workshop exercises to gain hands-on experience establishing and translating an organization’s brand strategy into content, design, and website functionality that are aligned with its vision, values, and mission.
- All levels of experience
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Marketing, communications, external affairs
- Program directors and staff
- Constructive Cards: A printed deck of collaborative design exercises
- PDF exercise worksheets