calendar_today Thursday, June 13, 2019
access_time 9:00 am - 1:30 pm CT
Candid, through the support of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation is hosting a national kick-off event for the Nonprofit StartUp Assessment Tool (NPSAT). The launch will feature our new course, Is Starting a Nonprofit Right for You? with a full demonstration of the NPSAT and an Open House featuring our Funding Information Partner, Kansas City Public Library - Central Location.
Starting a nonprofit is both a rewarding and challenging process. But we’re excited to share that it's about to get a lot easier, thanks to a new tool from Candid! The NPSAT will provide changemakers looking to start a nonprofit with the resources and insights they need to be successful nonprofit founders.
Don't miss our kick-off event! Meet local grantmakers, learn the best process for starting a nonprofit and get personal assistance in using Candid resources at KCPL. Space is limited so register today! If this program sells out and you would still like to attend, please email [email protected] to be added to a waitlist.
- 9:00-9:30 AM Breakfast and check-in
- 9:30-10:00 AM Introduction of the NPSAT
- 10:15-11:45 AM Is Starting a Nonprofit Right for You? Class with NPSAT Demo
- 12:00-1:30 PM FIN Open House & Technical Assistance
- What is a nonprofit organization and what are the advantages and disadvantages of forming one?
- Steps required in starting a nonprofit - Alternatives to starting a 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- Common misconceptions about starting a nonprofit
- Participants will learn a number of the legal, organizational, and logistical details involved in starting a nonprofit.
- All levels of experience
- Fundraising & development staff
- Grant writers
- Individual grantseekers
- Nonprofit startups