calendar_today Tuesday, June 25, 2019
access_time 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm ETThis location will be closed to the public as of November 1, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
Candid Midwest presents our fourth annual Summer Social, a free event where members of the Northeast Ohio social sector can meet, learn about new approaches to nonprofit management and fundraising, and network with experts across the nonprofit spectrum.
The theme for this year's Summer Social is "Working Together." Come and learn from special guests about the combination of Foundation Center and GuideStar that is Candid. We'll also have a panel discussion featuring experts from the nonprofit world, workshops on new nonprofit technology, and speed networking with nonprofit experts.
There will be a massive nonprofit booksale, raffles throughout the day, and refreshments galore.
Bring your business cards and join us for an afternoon of community engagement, learning, food, and fun!
12:00 -12:30pm - Welcome & Candid Update
12:35 - 1:30pm - Panel: Working Together with Consultants. This panel will explore how nonprofits can expand their capacity and impact through the effective use of consultants.
- Moderator: Sam Peddicord, Candid
- Dr. Jimeka Holloway, Collaborative Endeavours
- Robbin Hudson, United Black Fund
- Tim McCormick, McCormick Consulting
- Lauren Steiner, Grants Plus
1:35 - 2:45pm Mini Workshops
- Nonprofit Startup Assessment Tool
- GuideStar Tools
- Working Together with the Funding Information Network
2:50 - 3:50pm Speed Networking - learn how to work together effectively in the following areas:
- Web Development - with Pam Turos, Good Cause Creative
- Fundraising from Foundations - with Lisa McAloney
- Legal Issues - with Jackie Vary, Cleveland Metro Bar Association
- Fundraising from Individuals - with Danielle M.Locke, Locke Step Partners
- All levels of experience
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Grant writers
- Marketing, communications, external affairs
- Nonprofit startups
- Program directors and staff