calendar_today Thursday, December 5, 2019
Eastern: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Central: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Mountain: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Pacific: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Starting a new social venture can be overwhelming. Many folks tend to jump straight into the process of creating a new 501c3 nonprofit organization and overlook fiscal sponsorship as an option. This live, online training will discuss the difference between a 501c3 nonprofit and a fiscally-sponsored project to help you determine if fiscal sponsorship may be a fit for you. We will also take a deep dive into some different models of fiscal sponsorship, how to find the right sponsor, share what fiscal sponsors are looking for in a potential partner and what the standard application process entails. Join us to get a head start on planning your project, growing your funding stream, and building your advisory board.
Can’t make the webinar? Register by its start time, and we will send you the full recording so you can watch it on your own time!
Upon completion of this digital classroom, you should be able to:
- Determine if fiscal sponsorship is a viable option for your project
- Compare the benefits of fiscal sponsorship with those of starting a 501c3 nonprofit organization
- Articulate what a fiscal sponsor is looking for in a potential partner
- Research and find potential fiscal sponsors for your project
A Special Welcome to:
- Individuals launching a new social venture or charitable project
- Leadership of 501c3 nonprofits considering fiscal sponsorship
Note: We recommend completing your Nonprofit Startup Assessment ahead of this webinar. You will need to create a GrantSpace account to complete this free assessment.
1.5 CFRE point(s)
When you register for this webinar, you receive:
- a full recording,
- a copy of the webinar slide deck, and
- associated handout(s), if applicable