calendar_today Tuesday, January 7, 2020
access_time 10:30 am - 12:00 pm ETThis location will be closed to the public as of May 17, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
As a 501(c)(3), there is an absolute prohibition on any political campaign activity and there is a limit on the amount of lobbying your organization can do. In addition, there are requirements for anyone who lobbies in Georgia. This presentation will go in-depth regarding what constitutes political activity including discussing voter registration drives, candidate forums and legislative scorecards. It will also explain the difference between lobbying and political activity. This workshop is presented in collaboration with Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta.
This presentation will answer the following questions:
- What amount of lobbying is acceptable and what is a 501(h) election?
- Who is a lobbyist in Georgia and what are the registration requirements for lobbyists in Georgia?
- What lobbying expenditures are permissible and what are the reporting requirements for lobbyists in Georgia?
- All levels of experience
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Nonprofit startups
- Program directors and staff