calendar_today Wednesday, January 29, 2020
access_time 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm ETThis location will be closed to the public as of May 17, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
Nonprofit managers often feel pressure to be lean on operational expenses like staffing and infrastructure. While foundations are increasingly warming up to the value of funding overhead costs, building an effective volunteer program can help organizations build the necessary human capital to carry out their missions. This training will equip leaders with strategies, tools, and best practices to increase efficiency and build capacity by developing and implementing innovative and effective volunteer programs.
- Discover how understaffed nonprofits can utilize volunteers with specialized skills in fields such as technology, finance, legal, marketing, and human resources
- Learn where to locate and how to connect with professional, skill-based volunteers, and experts for pro bono assistance
- Understand how to recruit, equip, and empower volunteers to step up and into ongoing roles
- Identify strategies for creating positive volunteer experiences that result in long-term, mutually beneficial relationships
- All levels of experience
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Nonprofit startups
- Program directors and staff