calendar_today Tuesday, February 11, 2020
access_time 10:00 am - 1:00 pm ETThis location will be closed to the public as of May 17, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
Does your special event fundraiser need some improvements? Or do you want to launch a special event fundraiser and don’t know where to start? A great fundraising event is memorable, raises lots of money, creates awareness for your cause, and fosters lasting support from donors and volunteers. We know juggling the numerous pieces of an event fundraiser can be daunting when you are just getting started and challenging even for a seasoned professional. Whether you are planning a 5K run, a black-tie gala, or something in between, this class will be your blueprint for event success.
- Identify which type of fundraiser is best for your organization, or where you should focus your attention to improve the event you currently host
- Gain strategies and practical steps to increase special event revenue (sponsorship, ticket sales/participant fees, auctions and more) so your special events raise more non-restricted funds
- Learn to utilize and motivate event volunteers and your board to help increase your fundraising and help with event planning
- Understand how to create lasting impact from your events to help seed organizational supporters such as donors, sponsors, advocates, and volunteers
- All levels of experience
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff