calendar_today Wednesday, March 11, 2020
access_time 9:30 am - 11:00 am ET
IMPORTANT: In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic, we will be postponing this panel discussion until further notice. If you are registered for this training, you will be receiving details once the panel has been re-scheduled.
In the meantime, please find relevant information regarding precautions to stop the spread of coronavirus:
- Stay informed: We recommend keeping updated of the most current updates from both the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Protect Yourself: Wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. If possible, avoid getting on overcrowded trains, buses or spaces.
- Protect Others: Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. If you don’t have a tissue, cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow, not your hands.
- If you are not feeling well: Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance to let them know about possible exposure.
Engaging in board service is an invaluable opportunity to have substantial community impact and can be one of the most rewarding experiences volunteers can have. Non-governing boards, such as junior boards, young professional boards, or advisory councils, are creative tools for nonprofits to build pipelines for diversity and cultivate the next generation of talented leaders. Join us to learn how these types of boards can help you reach emerging leaders and add to your nonprofit’s overall diversity by fostering the support of new donors. During this panel discussion, you will gain the necessary insights and tools to build your own sustainable and diverse non-governing board.
Upon completion of this session, you should be able to:
- Plan to create a non-governing board at your organization;
- Define the purpose of a non-governing board for your organization;
- Apply insights on how to build a pipeline for recruiting diverse members; and
- Identify the added value of institutionalizing a non-governing board
- All levels of experience
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff