calendar_today Thursday, May 7, 2020
access_time 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm ETThis location will be closed to the public as of May 17, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
**This program has been postponed. If you have registered for this event, you will receive additional information via email from our training team.**
Major gifts have different meanings at most nonprofits. Usually budget size, the integrity of the database, and having trained major gifts officers, are the greatest predictors of major giving success. Whether a major gift is $1000 or $10,000, they each afford donors the opportunity to feel connected by seeing how their gifts are transforming communities.
What do major donors expect from nonprofits they support? How do we deepen our relationships with them? In this class we will learn the nuts and bolts of major giving and why a major gifts program is an essential component of your fundraising plan.
- Understand the definition of Major Gift
- Determine major gift readiness of your organization
- Design solutions to combat barriers to major gifts
- Discover what to do after a "no" for a major gift solicitation
- Map out the donor journey after the gift is received
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Program directors and staff