calendar_today Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Eastern: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Central: 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Mountain: 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Pacific: 8:30 am - 9:30 am
A global survey of 125 civil society organizations (CSOs) from low- and middle-income countries conducted by LINC found that as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, 50% of CSOs will have to close in the next three months without additional funding. Candid analyzed more than 30 surveys on the global response to the pandemic and found that both funders and CSOs have had to shift their focus or are experiencing barriers to executing work. Many are also concerned about sustainability.
- What do we know about global funding trends?
- What are the current challenges faced by global civil society?
- How are philanthropic funders responding and shifting their strategies?
- What does the current situation tell us about the distribution of power and resources within global civil society?
- How can civil society respond to build back better after the crisis?
Upon completion of this webinar, you should be able to:
- Understand the constraints faced by civil society organizations globally as a result of the COVID-19 crisis
- Learn how philanthropic funders are responding to global civil society needs during the COVID-19 crisis, including the constraints faced by funders as well as how they are shifting their strategies
- Discuss how global civil society can respond to the COVID-19 crisis to build back better
Can’t make the webinar? Register by its start time, and we will send you the full recording so you can watch it on your own time!
1 CFRE point(s)
- All levels of experience
When you register for this webinar, you receive:
- a full recording,
associated handout(s), if applicable