calendar_today Friday, August 28, 2020
Eastern: 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Central: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Mountain: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Pacific: 9:30 am - 11:00 am
You must be logged in to enroll for this training.Login to Enroll
With the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, we know it’s a challenging time for everyone. To support your work and ensure our trainings are more accessible during this difficult time, we’re offering this program at an early-bird price of $75 – half of the standard cost. The price will increase to $150 one week before the program starts on August 21 .
The Leadership Circle for Emerging Development Professionals is a monthly peer group meeting of new development professionals (0-5 years of experience) from small to midsized nonprofit organizations to share challenges and strategies for personal and organizational success. In an informal, virtual roundtable format, you will have an opportunity to connect with colleagues from all over the country to share insights, gain practical solutions, and alleviate any on-the-job isolation or stress you might experience. Each session will be facilitated by a seasoned nonprofit leader with expertise in the area of Development. Feel free to enjoy your breakfast or lunch while we meet.
The peer circle will meet virtually on the following Fridays from 9:30-11:00 am PT/12:30-2:00 pm ET: August 28, September 18, October 2, October 16, and October 30.
Please register by August 27th. The price listed covers the cost of all 5 sessions of the Leadership Circle.
- Moving beyond the elevator pitch
- Landscape scanning using knowledge tools
- Cultivating funder collaborations
- Career development
- Sustainability and self-care
- Emerging development professionals (0-5 years of development experience) located around the country
- Development professionals of smaller nonprofit organizations (a budget size of less than $2 million)
- Session 1: Friday, August 28 at 9:30 –11:00 am PT/12:30-2:00 pm ET
- Session 2: Friday, September 18 at 9:30 –11:00 am PT/12:30-2:00 pm ET
- Session 3: Friday, October 2 at 9:30 –11:00 am PT/12:30-2:00 pm ET
- Session 4: Friday, October 16 at 9:30 –11:00 am PT/12:30-2:00 pm ET
- Session 5: Friday, October 30 at 9:30 –11:00 am PT/12:30-2:00 pm ET
- Apply best practices and strategies for crafting an elevator pitch and practice with peers.
- Explain how Foundation Directory Online and GuideStar can help you increase your nonprofit’s funding potential.
- Identify how to cultivate funder collaborations to create sustainable relationships.
- Develop career and job-seeking strategies.
- Create your own self-care plan to avoid burnout.
- All levels of experience
- Fundraising & development staff
How Our Virtual Workshops Work:
Within one business day of your registration, you will be enrolled in this course and receive an e-mail from our eLearning platform, Bridge. The subject line of the email will be “Welcome! Learning awaits”. This email will have instructions on how to create your own online account in Bridge as well as a link to access your course.
In Bridge, you will be introduced to the course and instructor and be provided with a link to the live sessions, which will be held in Zoom on the dates listed above.
We recommend using Firefox as your browser. Visit Bridge for more information on accessing courses, navigating through a course, and viewing its technical requirements. You can learn more about Zoom by accessing this page.
You will have access to the course for 90 days after enrollment. The course fee entitles purchaser to one computer log-in which cannot be shared. In addition, no refunds, transfers or credits will be issued.
Unable to attend the live sessions? While we strongly encourage you to attend the highly-interactive live sessions, we will record the live meetings and circulate the recording to all course participants within 24 hours of the meetings.
By enrolling in this training, you agree to grant Candid permission to document this session with photography, film, and/or video. Material captured may be used in future publications, brochures, or other printed materials used to promote Candid. Please inform instructor if you do not agree to these conditions.