calendar_today Tuesday, September 8, 2020
Eastern: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Central: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Mountain: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Pacific: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
You must be logged in to enroll for this training.Login to Enroll
Strong donor relationships are critical to fundraising success at all stages of the development cycle—especially during the COVID-19 era. Explore eight steps successful fundraisers take to reach and surpass their goals. These steps present proven techniques for connecting with donors, effectively communicating your cause, and cultivating long-term relationships, even during a pandemic.
This 6.5 hour multi-part online workshop will include a mix of self-paced e-learning and interactive virtual sessions where you will learn real-world experiences and scenarios from our experienced instructors, receive peer feedback in small group virtual breakout sessions, and walk away with relevant takeaways and practical strategies for fundraising in the current landscape.
- Zoom sessions:
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 2:00-4:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. PT.
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 2:00-4:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. PT.
- Self-paced e-learning session: 2.5 hours
This training is made possible thanks to our partnership with Sanford Institute of Philanthropy.
6.5 CFRE point(s)
- Explain how selling your cause is a part of fundraising in the social sector
- Make the case for the value of donor relationships for fundraising success
- Assess your circles of influence to identify prospective new donors
- Anticipate and address donor objections to make a stronger case for funding
- Draft a plan to improve relationships with your existing donors
- Fundraising & development staff
- Program directors and staff
- Donor Cultivation Resources