calendar_today Friday, September 25, 2020
Eastern: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Central: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Mountain: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Pacific: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
We will explore how creating an authentic relationship with donors is based on shared values, needs and interests, along with understanding and speaking to the donor’s perspective. We will also share examples of how we have integrated virtual cultivation and stewardship into this approach.
Lisa Hoffman: nonprofit coach, consultant, and lead facilitator will moderate a panel session focused on a donor-centered approach to asking.
Major Gifts Mavens panelists are:
- Katiti Crawford, Donor Engagement Director, SFJazz
- Anjali Englund, Major Gifts Officer, Alameda County Community Food Bank
- Brenda Laribee, Senior Development Officer, East Bay Community Foundation
- Dharna Obermaier, Director, Individual Philanthropy, Save the Children US
- Susan Corlett, Director of Development and Communications, Friends of the Children – San Francisco Bay Area.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to apply this donor-centered approach to:
- Describe the key components of a strong major gifts program
- Create solicitation strategies for your major gifts program
- Assess the performance of your major gifts program and adjust it based on your finding
- Discuss insights and resources to thrive in your major gifts program.
- Fundraising & development staff
- Individual grantseekers