calendar_today Friday, January 15, 2021
access_time 11:00 am - 12:00 pm ET
Eastern: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Central: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Mountain: 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Pacific: 8:00 am - 9:00 am
In 2016, the Southeastern Council of Foundations (SECF) partnered with Candid to develop the Southern Trends Report, a dashboard on foundations and grantmaking in the Southeastern U.S., which encompasses Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. Drawing on data from the Southern Trends Report and other sources, this session will explore both recent and long-term philanthropy patterns across the Southeast region. We’ll discuss the following questions and more:
- How have Southeast foundations grown in the past 5, 10, 25 and 50 years?
- How does the growth of foundations in the Southeast compare with other regions?
- What organizations and causes have received the most funding in recent years?
- How is foundation grantmaking evolving to meet emerging needs?
By enrolling in this training, you agree to grant Candid permission to document this session with photography, film, and/or video. Material captured may be used in future publications, brochures, or other printed materials used to promote Candid. Please inform instructor if you do not agree to these conditions.
- Describe recent and long-term trends in the growth of philanthropy in the Southeast.
- Identify top focus areas of foundation giving in the Southeast, including subjects, population groups, and types of support.
- Recognize shifts in foundation giving in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and calls to address racial inequity.
- All levels of experience