calendar_today Wednesday, March 24, 2021
access_time 11:00 am - 12:00 pm ET
Across New York state there are nearly 30,000 nonprofit organizations with a total revenue of less than $1 million. In order to thrive, these small shop organizations need to have a strong command of their development operations.
Behind every successful fundraising team are several operational efficiencies that make for a smooth donor and/or volunteer experience on the frontend as well as a streamlined process for the nonprofit staff on the backend. While development operations might not be the most exciting part of fundraising, there is an argument to be made that they are the most important. As staff change over time, strong development operations provide continuity for the organization internally and donors externally.
In this virtual training, we will look through a development operations lens at your communications, systems, and processes to call out key elements that all nonprofits, regardless of size, should have in place to best position themselves in the sector. Specifically, we’ll look at how small organizations can excel in these areas, regardless of small teams and stretched resources. This session is intended for organizations with 0-3 development staff members.
- Explain how development operations are key to supporting fundraising, especially for small teams
- Apply a checklist of key operational functions that support development and assess your nonprofit’s strength in these areas
- Discover where you can find resources to improve areas of identified need
- All levels of experience
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Marketing, communications, external affairs
- Program directors and staff
When you register for this program, you receive:
- a full recording,
- associated handout(s), if applicable