calendar_today Thursday, May 27, 2021
access_time 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm ET
This training is made possible thanks to our partnership with Fundraising Academy.
Historically, in the United States, individual giving has been the biggest source of private giving, far outpacing foundation or corporate giving. According to Giving USA, “American individuals, bequests, foundations, and corporations gave an estimated $449.64 billion to U.S. charities in 2019,” and, of that, individual giving “totaled an estimated $309.66 billion,” representing 69% of total giving.
A successful nonprofit organization has diversified funding streams, and individual donors play an important role. If you or your organization is new to individual giving, this webinar is for you. We’ll provide you with an overview of the fundraising landscape and walk you through the key components of an individual giving program.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain the importance of individual giving in a nonprofit’s fundraising strategy
- Identify key steps for a successful individual giving program
- Draft a plan to start or improve your annual individual giving program
- Fundraising & development staff
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Grant writers
- Program directors and staff
This session will also include an introduction to GuideStar, with a focus on how GuideStar helps organizations link to individual donors.